Thursday 24 April 2014

BUHARI, Chennai

In my various posts and blogs I have been saying that Chennai is a food paradise. All this while I have been trying to expose my taste buds to authentic Chennai cuisines but never got an opportunity to visit Buhari. Well a very different kind of ambiance it has- fine dining cum bakery shop. 

The kind of food served here is very different from what you'll get in other joints. Though we didn't order Biryani, it looked good. For my Bong friends there is a reason to smile. Typical "Hangla" kind of biryani they'll get. We tried many things from the "Buhari specialties" menu. Chettinad Mutton was a bit disappointing. It had too much pepper in it and a strong aroma. I have tried authentic chettinad joints and this is not what you get there. "Campbell Mutton" was very good. The mutton was cut in a different fiber kind of style (not the regular pieces). At one point I thought it is  fish that we are eating. Curry was of bright red color and very spicy (although they claim it's only medium spicy). 

"Jamali Chicken Curry" was another thing that we tried. Good and smooth I would say. The biggest surprise was the chapati which actually was a North Indian Paratha. I loved that.

If you have a sweet tooth as well then this may not be the right place to sit after your main course. They only have ice creams and fruit salads. Overall I would rate this place okay.

My ratings:
Ambiance: 2/5
Connectivity: 3/5
Food:3/5
Service: 2/5

No comments:

Post a Comment